Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Beginning of the Year Slump

I don't know about you, but I always have trouble in the beginning of the year with lesson planning. I start providing services to students on Monday and am drawing a big blank when it comes to lesson ideas. It always takes me sooooo much longer in the beginning of the year!! By October, I'm a pro- knocking down a whole week of lesson plans in one hour on a Sunday night. But right now, I'm staring at the cursor with no ideas!! My first day, I have 4 students I'll see for "Speedy Speech" (5 minute articulation 1:1 sessions), 2 speech groups, 2 language groups with students with autism, 1 semantic language group, 1 snack group for students with autism, and 1 pragmatic language group.

I rather work on decorating my room...




I love my smallish classroom! My first year, I was in a huge classroom and it was too much space for me and my students. I had some trouble with students getting up and wandering, looking around, etc. In this room, students are better at staying seated when I need them to be. Love this room!

Help me with my writer's block!!! What would you do with my groups????

No comments:

Post a Comment