Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Motor Activities in Speech


On Tuesday, I was able to work in my room for a little bit and saw all the things I ordered with my budget money. This year, I purchased many things I can use to incorporate movement into my speech and language sessions. Here's a few things I purchased:


These are called River Stones and I think I purchased them from Office Essentials. These are going to be great for sessions! Say a word/phrase/sentence, go to 1 stone, balance, say another, go to the next stone, and repeat! I think my K-2 students will really enjoy this.

I also got these:
I plan on setting up a sort of (very) mini-obstacle course with these cones. I think I'll use my alien-print duct tape to define the path (love that stuff!).

I also got these:
I hope there are no fights over these. I purchased 3 ball chairs and sometimes have groups of 4...hopefully there will be no tears! I'm really interested to see if these help my wiggly students with their attention. I'll let you know!

I also got a bowling set, some bean bags, a 3D scene for spatial concepts, and tally counters. With all these motor activities, I plan on setting up small stations where students can work independently on their speech sounds and keep track of their productions with the tally counters. 

All these new items are getting me excited for a new year!! The kids start on Wednesday! I'm sad to leave my boys and last week I was kinda dreading going back. These purchases make going back a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment