Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Puppy Chow Recipe FREEBIE!

This week, I'm going to be "cooking" with my students from our transition rooms. Such an important life skill! We don't have access to a stove, so I'm limited to what I can do. This is the second time I will be cooking with them. Last year, we made ice cream in a bag and the kids LOVED it! I can't wait to try another recipe!

I decided to go with Puppy Chow this time- another easy recipe to attempt that doesn't involve a stove. You can get the free directions with visuals and communication board here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Easy-and-Fun-Puppy-Chow-Recipe-with-Visuals-and-Communication-Board-1410525.

A little prep work is involved:

1. Measure out the ingredients if you think this will be too difficult for your students.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave beforehand.
3. Put the confectioners' sugar in the Ziploc bag beforehand.

I used Boardmaker to make some simple visuals to increase student's comprehension. I'll be targeting following written and oral directions, verbs, answering questions, and commenting on topic.

Here's some preview images from my computer (sorry for the low quality):


Go to my TPT store and grab this FREEBIE now!

No comments:

Post a Comment