Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 4: Monster Emotions FREEBIE!

I work with many students with autism who find it difficult to make connections between the emotions they are having and the vocabulary to express it. Today, I have another free resource for you: Monster Emotions. I must say, I ADORE these monster graphics. They are so cute! I will be using these cards to help my students learn more about emotions this coming school year. I can imagine some pretty funny role-playing/charades-like activities with these cards!

Here's a preview for you:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Free-Monster-Emotion-Vocabulary-Cards-1294536
Hope you enjoy! Download it here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Free-Monster-Emotion-Vocabulary-Cards-1294536

I also have had several students that can identify emotions in pictures, cartoons, and others, but cannot label it when it comes to their own emotions. In the past, I have used a mirror, so that whenever they are having a feeling, I can show them what they look like to help them recognize what they look/feel like when happy, sad, angry, or mad. Does anyone else have some ideas for helping children learn how to identify emotions in themselves?

Have a wonderful day!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment