Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

FREEBIE! My First Freebie- Visual Directions for a Craftivity!

Today I am sharing with you my very first freebie!

Back in May, I made these adorable Mother's Day cards with my transition room students.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Visual-Directions-for-Flower-Craftivity-for-Mothers-Day-or-any-day-1289208


I used a free product from TPT to create a paper flower craft. You can find that product here: Flower Bouquet from Therapy Fun Zone's TPT store. The file includes templates for various parts of a flower that you can print onto pink, white, red, and green paper to make different designs. Yay! No color printing! Therapy Fun Zone is allowing me to post a complement to their product: visual directions to help students follow simple 1-step directions involving cutting, gluing, sizes, and colors. (Thank you Therapy Fun Zone!)

I made a Prezi with pictures of me completing each step to help the students follow the directions with as few verbal prompts as possible.

(By the way, Prezi is an awesome app to use! You can make beautiful presentations on your iPad with minimal time/effort!)

The students were required to read the directions aloud (if able) and then follow them without prompts. We worked on requesting, following directions, fine motor skills, sequencing, event retell, and receptive understanding of shapes, color, plant parts, and size. AND we had fun doing it! Here's an example of one of the pages:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Visual-Directions-for-Flower-Craftivity-for-Mothers-Day-or-any-day-1289208

My transition room students all made beautiful flowers for their mothers and required minimal assistance from adults to complete this project. With these students, we are always striving to decrease their dependence on adults for prompts, assistance, and cues. What a great way to do that!

How could you use this product? Who will you use it for? Go to my TPT store to grab it!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment